From Practical Healing
- Taurine is a conditionally-essential organic acid derived from the amino acid cysteine. if sufficient cysteine is available, it can be synthesised in the pancreas.
- Taurine calms the nervous system - behaving more like a neurotransmitter.
- Vegetarians and Vegans can be deficient in Taurine.
- Lack of Taurine leads to to chronic anxiety.
- Taurine is highly effective antioxidant. Use in conjunction with Omega-3 seems recommended .
- Improves mood and sleep. Taurine raises GABA.
Taurine: Heart Health
- May be able to reduce/eliminate atrial fibrillation.
- Combine with Magnesium and Fish.
- Lowers blood pressure .
- It is known that athletes/resistance trainees will deplete this nutrient. Would excessive sweating cause the same?
- Derived from Cysteine. What is the interaction/effect of combination with N-Acetyl L-Cysteine (NAC)?
- Some people may have issues producing Taurine? "...this assumes an error in inborn metabolism impairing one's ability to synthesis taurine. The average human would not need to worry about outright taurine deficiency and its clinical manifestations." 
- Carnitine: essential for fat burning and works synergistic ally with Taurine. Taurine is required in the initial phase of fat metabolism, and carnitine takes fat into the cell [for use?]..
- Ten Benefits of Taurine,Poliquin GroupTM Editorial Staff,http://main.poliquingroup.com/ArticlesMultimedia/Articles/Article/782/Ten_Benefits_of_Taurine.aspx
- Episode Reduction/Elimination Protocols,Afibbers.org,http://www.afibbers.org/resources/eliminationprotocols.pdf